Sunday, June 7, 2009

Clifford, The Big Red House Gets a Clean Bill of Health!


While I am tempted to post about the current housing drama in my life (the bachelor pad and I are at a MAJOR crossroads in our relationship as I consider gas and hot water to be two of the essential assets he brings to the table, and he seems to think those perks can be withheld from time to time! SERENITY NOW!!!) I am choosing instead to focus on my positive real estate news:
On Thursday Clifford, T.B.R.H. passed his inspection with flying colors! Now that this first major hurdle on my way to actual home ownership is out of the way, I thought I would share some more pictures of Mr. Clifton in his current state, as well as a few of my plans for his makeover!
Currently Clifford, T.B.R.H. is hiding his figure behind a LOT of greenery, and although I do love the lush secret-gardenness, I think a little less might be more here. The first thing I am doing when we close on July 10 is taking a chainsaw to the large, phallic, overgrown bush obstructing the view. A little bit of paint to bring out some of the details, and I think Clifford, T.B.R.H. will look QUITE dapper.


Words fail me in my attempt to explain the previous owners design philosophy...

The backyard space is pretty much the best thing about the house, envision it with a bit more landscaping, some grass for the dogs, perhaps a water feature? Magic.

My own design mission for Clifford, T.B.R.H. will be search and recovery, restoring the historic character of the home, while still keeping it young and fresh!
A little old...Reusing some of the drapes and furniture from my house in Austin
A little new...how cute is this wall paper from Osborne & Little!

ALL very very pure, I cannot wait to begin my biggest project yet!! The (future) McCarthy's first home!!

1 comment:

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

well i will be the first to comment! I LOOOOOVE ALL WHITE KITCHENS! with a passion. and then some.

that being said i cant wait to see before/after pics. and i mean ALBUMS of before/after pics.

best of luck and keep us posted.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin