Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Misadventures of an Optimistic Cripple

So I have recently fallen on some hard times, more specifically, I was in a dancing accident which has  left me without the use of my ankle or foot for the next 6-8 weeks. 
{Featured: Broken 5th Metatarsal, aka, the Pinkie Toe's Foot Bone}
As such my interests have shifted from blogging about design and Chicago exploration, to blogging about couch surfing, daytime TV, and the trials and tribulations of a sedentary lifestyle. My first adventure in codependency today is brought to you by fiancee and handsome manservant, Peter:
Because of my injury and restricted mobility, we have had to move from our third floor bedroom to a guest room on the first floor. Most of my clothing and accoutrements are still in our previous abode, and I rely on my handsome manservant to bring me items from the hinterlands. This morning I asked him to bring me a fresh change of clothes, specifically my baskets labeled "undies" and "work out gear". Like the gentleman he is, he rushed off upstairs, triumphantly delivered two baskets at my mangled feet, gave me a big kiss, and rushed out the door to attend to his dayjob. 
Unfortunately, the baskets he left me with were labeled "undies" and "bathing suits".
I am flattered that he felt I am attractive enough to go about my day on crutches and a bikini.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
Theres nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

xoxo mayZr

Blog Widget by LinkWithin