Thursday, November 5, 2009

Eating the Big Apple...

I just realized I never blogged about my fabulous girls trip to New York a few weeks ago. I visit the Big Apple often, and usually find myself skittering about the island at a frenetic pace visiting friends from boarding school, college, and home, hopping from event to event without really experiencing life in the big city. This time I vowed to pump the breaks and just let things take me where they may, and had one of my best trips yet! There were many great times catching up with girlfriends, long walks, and lots and lots of food. My fave restaurants were:


The restaurant so nice, I visited twice! Located in the hotel I had chosen for my stay, The Bowery, Gemma has the same swanky hip vibe and a great menu to boot! I went my first night in for convenience, and then again with my College girlfriends Julia, Stina, and Liana for a second visit.



My friend Berry took us here for lunch one beautiful fall day, and in the span of one wee little dining experience we ate alongside Leslie Bibb, Vanessa from Gossip Girl, and Jude Law! And the food was delish, I had the Brie and Apples plate, which is definitely my lunch bliss if I ever saw it. Apparently the Couscous with Hummus is the thing to order, and by the looks of it on the plates of other diners, I would def recommend it.



If you walked past this place there is no way you would notice it. The front is tiny with tiny little windows. There is a bouncer esque gentleman at the door, but that is really the only indication that this fly dining spot exists. This lively mexican/tapasy spot is a great choice for a festive evening. The cocktails are phenomenal, and the shareable dishes are always fun for a group.



Ladies and Gentleman, I, Bailey Quin, took the Subway to Brooklyn on this past trip to New York to see my Beloved Isabel. And I fell in love! Brooklyn is adorable! It reminds me a lot of Chicago actually, in architecture and pace. We brunched at the deliciously hip Roebling Tea Room. I had the baked eggs and a Bloody Mary, which was more like a soup with all of the delicious olives and pickles mixed in, and was just what the doctor ordered after a night spent raging. The grits were unreal.



I visit this Greenwich Village jewel every time I go to New York. It is everything I love in life and more. I will do a longer post extolling the virtues of Sweetiepie and its fabulous owner at a later date, but suffice it to say this visit was just as fun and delicious as always.


Even more so, perhaps, because I got to introduce another kindred spirit to the joy of Sweetiepie. Laura had the Chicken Noodle Soup (her verdict: one of the best C.N.S.'s ever)

I had the Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup (Just grown up enough to be interesting, but still tastes like childhood). We each had a Sweetiepie Cocktail, and shared a trio of mini ice cream cones for dessert.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin