Thursday, November 12, 2009

Is this a sweet dream, or a beautiful nightmare?

I'm going to get personal with you guys here for a second. I have nightmares.
Well not really nightmare(s).
But one, terrifying, recurring nightmare that haunts my dreams on a weekly basis, and has for years now.
It goes a little something like this.

Somehow, someway, I have accidentally made it as a contestant on the popular Bravo show Top Chef. I have the same meager cooking skills I have in real life, I have no clue what I am doing and I am completely out of my league. Every new challenge gives me a near fatal panic attack because I have no.clue.what.is.going.on. The ratings sky rocket as clips of my fumbling around in the kitchen seem to amuse viewers. And somehow, I keep not getting eliminated. I am DYING to leave, I am always on the bottom, but I keep sticking around like a cockroach.

This season, I watched as my nightmare came to life in the form of Robin.
Robin was just hopeless, she was on the bottom of nearly every challenge and incited everything from quiet disdain to all out rage in her fellow competitors.

I mean look at her, she just LOOKS tragic!
Anyway, the madness came to an end last night as Robin was FINALLY sent home. I, personally, think she threw the challenge, but either way she is gone and the real life manifestation of my bad dreams is over.

Thank God.
Now only the Voltaggio brothers, Kevin, Jen, and Eli remain.
Wait, Eli?
What the hell is an Eli?
Have you been on the show the whole time, you sneaky monkey?
I never noticed you before.
Huh, well done.

2 comments:

Muffin Dad said...

Go Kevin! You made me laugh so hard we've been begging for whats her dumb face to get kicked out!

MoodyMoments said...

OMG Your nightmare is mine as well. She just makes my skin crawl! LOVE LOVE LOVE Kevin! And Eli shall be the next to receive the knife packing ceremony! Who goes to CIRCUS CIRCUS in LAS VEGAS and is NOT inspired?!? WTF is emulsified popcorn anyway....gross!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin