Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Re-Cap **UPDATE**

**Update: Now with more pictures of The Surprise!**
So for all of you waiting with bated breath to find out how Pete and I followed up our wildly popular Peppermint Ice Cream/Karl Lagerfeld:


Dorothy/Wizard:


Costumes from Halloweens past, I bring you Taylor Swift and Kanye West from the 2009 VMAs.


I admit that while we get points for creativity, we definitely lost some in the execution. We lost focus a bit as we were simultaneously planning a super fun SURPRISE!

{Belen in complete shock after seeing Pete}

As I have mentioned, I have always thrown a huge Pumpkin-a-Palooza extravaganza every year, and this year my dear friends Kathleen, Belen, and Sarah were throwing a fab Halloween Party in Houston. I had been mourning that I would not be donning my hostess hat this year, and Petey came up with the brills beyond brills idea that we should fly down to Houston and crash the party!

{What the WHAT!?}

Now, I love a good surprise (although I have been known to majorly snoop thus making it very hard to pull one off on me) but I am terrible at executing them! I just get too excited! But I am happy to report that the girls were INCREDIBLY surprised and it made all of the nervous planning worth it.

{Wig came off in all of the excitement!}

I recall there being some adorable paparazzi during the big moment, so if I track down those pics I will bring them to you later today!
HERE THEY ARE!!


Now I am staying in Houston and spending some quality time with the fam for a few weeks, but I promise to stay up on my posting. Although it will be hard in all of this GORGEOUS weather. Come on Chicago, what's your problem, 70s and sunny in November is DEFINITELY far more civilized than the crud you have been slangin' lately.

p.s. The dress I wore to recreate the look Taylor wore when she finally got to give her speach thanks to the fabulous Beyonce:

Was this dress by Shoshanna, which was very flattering and would be quite festive for upcoming Christmas Fetes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin