Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A funky ladylike abode: Nanette Lepore's NYC Home

With shelter magazines dropping like flies these days (RIP Met Home) I have started delving deep into my binders I have kept for years with tears from my favorite home spreads for inspiration. Like this article from Elle Decor awhile back featuring designer Nanette Lepore's New York Apartment.


I have said it before and I will say it again, there is a way to do white and make it look warm and interesting.


The different finishes and textures in these spaces keep it fresh, not sterile...


I hate to speak ill of the dead, but I have to admit, Met Home seemed to be featuring a lot of uber modern hospital room esque designs lately...


I love how the color palette is subtle but still offers continuity with the pops of green in each room.


And I LOVE this red kitchen! What a fun surprise!


I had filed this room as part of the same spread, but I still don't quite believe this is the same apartment, I love both looks, and I especially love that Lepore's vision and talents are not limited to working within a white palette. If I had a study I would do something very similar, really go for it with the wood panelling. And I love the quirkiness of the chandelier and Eva Peron portrait above the fireplace.


Lepore's Bedroom


What I especially remember from this spread originally: Her FABulous closet.


And adorable little girls room...


Not to mention this jewel of a patio?


I think I could handle NYC in an oasis like this.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin