Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Clifford: Master Bathroom

I showed you the plan for our master bedroom a few weeks ago, and this week, I bring you the master bath! Since construction is still (%!@*#!) at a standstill (serenity now) I am going to take solace in looking at the plans and dreaming about the day when I actually believed Pete and I would be able to move in to Clifford the Big Red House by March. Le sigh.
If you are architecturally savvy, you can see the layout for the "master bedroom suite" here in the plans.


The master bath will have two separate sinks, soaking tub, and a steam shower.


As you might recall, this is the color scheme for the Master Bedroom, with the solid green damask being the wall covering. Once again, I assure you, in person the colors don't read like a nursery.


I wanted the bathroom to tie into the overall look of the master, but I prefer a pure, white, tiled sanctuary with minimal color. I found this absolutely perfect wallpaper from Osbourne & Little, which incorporates all of the colors from the master while maintaining a pretty white neutral palette.


The floor will be done in this white scalloped pattern by the good folks over at Waterworks.


While the steam shower will feature this mosaic to tie it in with the wallpaper.


The piece d'resistance?!?

{Via Elle Decor}

THIS gorgeous tub, sans puppy...


Not only is it just stunningly gorgeous, but it ties in with the pewter metallic of the birdcage in the wallpaper.
Ugh, I can't wait. But patience is a virtue. So I will. Begrudgingly. I will.
And as soon as there are updates on the construction, I will keep you posted as well!

1 comment:

kt said...

OMG, now I am jealous! Catching up on Mr. Clifford and all his glory. LOVE the peacock blue. Can Charlie, Johnny and I come visit when he is done?!?!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin