Thursday, October 15, 2009

Worldly Wednesday: French Night

Last weeks Worldly Wednesday was such a success I was too...ahem...under the weather to post about it the next day. Pete and I hosted French Night at our house and welcomed our guests with a Cheese Platter with a few selections of fabulous French Fromage.


This was one of our biggest crowds for WW yet, 11 people, so I decided to keep it simple with the food and served ratatouille and lamb. For dessert I got some French pastries from the new Whole Foods here which were delish.


As I will say again and again. I am not an expert cook, and my parties are never perfect. But I love to entertain, and each time I have people over for dinner, things go a little bit smoother.

To have a great night you don't have to be fancy (notice the plastic solo cups above), or try to blow everyone away making 4 courses from scratch (you will likely end up stressed and throw a hissy fit- not that I have ever done this- but I know people...). Know what you can do, and what you will have fun doing, and outsource the rest of the work!
The important thing is getting friends together for some fellowship and fun!

If you are interested in hosting a Worldy Wednesday French Night of your own, here are some helpful resources!

Ratatouille Recipe: This recipe was great, super easy, and I didn't need to adjust a thing.

Lamb Recipe: Although Ina usually has impeccable recipes, the cooking time on this was a bit short. I had to add about 10 minutes overall, and you will need a meat thermometer to make sure your meat is cooked to the temp you want it. Also, she says to stick the breadcrumbs to the lamb with butter...I brushed the lamp with dijon mustard instead, packed the breadcrumbs on (they stuck better), and them drizzled the butter OVER the breadcrumbs to make sure it really stuck. With these minor adjustments, the lamb was perfectly cooked and delicious!

Tablescape:

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin