Friday, October 9, 2009

I've got a nice little saturday planned...

This weekend (If Chicago weather will permit-rain rain go away) Pete and I will be heading up to Mukwonago, Wisconsin to partake in one of the real joys of the season, The Fall Harvest!


You may have seen The Elegant Farmer and their famous Apple Pie Baked in a Bag on Bobby Flay Throwdown (Elegant Farmer won).


I like them because they have a smiley face barn...

The whole vibe really lends itself to me frolicking through orchards picking apples with my beloved in a cute fall wardrobe.


We will be like Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neil in Love Story, except without the tragic death and real life meth addiction.

And then, with our fall bounty, I will return to Chicago and bake delicious apple treats and he will marvel at what a goddess of domesticity he managed to coerce into marriage and we will join hands and frolic and thank God for the miracle of the seasons.

{Image and occompanying recipes available at The Party Dress}

Too much? Ok. I thought so. Well anyway, it should be a good time. I will let y'all know!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin