Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm having a Paris Hilton moment here...

It's hard being a famous blogger...especially when that fame is mostly in your own head! 

Juuuuust Kidding...but seriously, FYB has been off like gangbusters thanks mostly to my wonderful readers and now I am wracked with insecurity that I am going to let y'all down!!

I am going to go ahead and apologize in case postings aren't up to snuff this week. As I mentioned, Petey and I are heading to Aspen tomorrow to meet with the wedding planner, and I think things are going to get a bit hectic. I am going to do my best though, starting today with a response to some reader feedback. 

So far, one of the posts I have gotten the most positive response to has been my one about Shredding the Internet GnarGnar. SO, back by popular demand, here are a few more sights to delight and entertain you!

Chicago: Moving to a new city is hard, and although Pete's family and friends have really stepped up to make Chicago feel more like home, sometimes it takes awhile to get your bearings. Here are a few pages that helped:

  • UrbanDaddy.com: Part Zagats, but a bit younger, and perhaps more masculine? This site has links for not only Chicago, but New York, Las Vegas, L.A., Miami, and the "jet set" crowd, amongst others. Urban Daddy has consistently provided me tips on newly opening restaurants and clubs, all of which have been great finds. 
  • Daily Candy: Another site that services many different locales, Daily Candy is like the girly UrbanDaddy, think more shopping and beauty tips. DC is a great read not only for the great recommendations, but also for the clever way they are presented. 
Blogs: Since starting this blog I have really opened myself up to all the internet has to offer in my search for guidance and inspiration. 
  • The blog that started this whole thing, in many ways, was the impeccable Elements of Style. Super cute Bostonian interior designer Erin Gates posts mostly on the best of the best in contemporary interior design, with the occasional lovely digression into fashion, pop culture, weddings etc. Even if you aren't a regular blog reader, at least head on over to EoS to stalk Erin's portfolio. 
  • One of my more recent finds on the blogosphere I found by perusing the "favorites" section of one of my favorite blogs, Decorno. Her posts are less in depth than some others, but more frequent, and always major eye candy not to mention hilarious. 
Amusement:
  • My dear friend Anna reminded me of one of my all time favorite's, postsecret.com, described as "an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a post card", the secrets range from funny: "I got back together with my boyfriend because he has HBO. Next Monday, I will break up with him again." To the slightly disturbing: "I steal clothes from my school's lost and found. I am a teacher" and the cards are always beautifully decorated. 

ALSO! If you haven't already, please take my survey below! THANKS!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin