Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wedding Wednesday: A Fall Affair

Since Pete and I have been engaged for 6 months now, I have gathered quite a bit of wedding inspiration. We are using a wedding planner, Lisa Vorce of Oh How Charming, who we will meet with in a few weeks in Aspen to start really putting all of our ideas together. I don't want to spoil the surprise of our actual wedding, but I thought you all might enjoy some of the fabulous Fall Wedding details I have gathered in my search. 

This absolutely stunning dress by Oscar de la Renta was my absolute DREAM dress...Until I tried it on...And it made me look like a linebacker...

I think the most important thing when dress shopping is to keep an open mind and trust your gut. If you are anything like me, the dress you fall in love with will be the exact opposite of what you thought you wanted. 

I still think this dress is gorgeous, on the right person...Rachel Bilson's best friend wore it in her wedding to O.C. creator Josh Schwartz and looked lovely. 

I love these invitations for a Fall Woodsey Country wedding.

I am not a huge fan of super matchy matchy bridesmaids dresses, they can look great and definitely do provide some needed continuity, but I really like the idea of choosing similar dresses in the same color that individually flatter each attendant. Amsale has some great options.

How incredible is this aisle done by Preston Bailey (I believe...)

S'mores would be so adorable, and great for any kids in attendance.

MMMsoup, delishy butternut squash for a crisp Fall Eve?

Petey wasn't a huge fan of this cake and it probably would be a bit informal for this type of event, but I think its absolutely adorable and the colors are very Fall. 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin