Thursday, September 17, 2009

We. Like. To. Party. We like, we like to Party!

I do not know if you know this about me, but I LOVE to throw a party. I especially love a party with a theme. I started off this New Year on a high note by throwing a "Dress as and Bring your favorite Cocktail Party.

I was Champagne.

{From left to right, Pina Colada, Absinthe, Bloody Mary, Champagne, Pink Panty Dropper, Manhattan, Margarita}

It was a hit.
{Grey Goose & Red Bull}
My birthday, for no particular rhyme or reason (other than perhaps someone whose name rhymes with Whitney Smeers) I had a Circus Theme.

When Pete and I moved to Chicago we threw ourselves (shameless) a clambake Welcome Party!

{How INCREDIBLE is this food spread, provided by Truffleberry Market? They were unbelievable, everything was delicious, they were so professional, if you ever need party catering in Chicago I highly recommend you look them up!}

There is no way I could pull off these fiestas without some help from my very special online resources. 

First off, I have to thank The Oriental Trading Company for having endless supplies for every theme imaginable. They provide for all your party needs from bachelorette:

{The ever popular Engagement Ring Shot Glass}

To pirate birthday:
 
...and they sell favors by the dozen. Plates, napkins, decorations, costumes, they have it all, and for cheapcheapcheap.


Another longtime favorite of mine is PlumParty.com. The wares they peddle are a bit more upscale, think plastic champagne flute rather than paper cups, while still bringing the fun.

{How great would these accessories be for a festive Thanksgiving Dinner?}
 
They sort by theme and item, and also offer boutiques selling my fave, French Bull melamine plates among other things.
If you get easily overwhelmed at the thought of putting together a tablescape, Social Couture is your site. They sell upscale, ready made, party theme packs like "Mexican Fiesta":


They will ship you everything you need to put together this table, or you can buy items individually.

Finally, for some inspiration, I bring you The Party Dress. The Party Dress is everything FYB aspires to be and more. Featuring sections on weddings, design, food & drink, parties, I almost feel like I am cheating on FYB by promoting its hotter big sister! 
{Fall Harvest Pancake Brunch? Perfection.}

{This is my kind of "green" wedding}

I hope this inspires all of you to dust off your hostess hat and entertain! There really is nothing more fun than a festive gathering with family and friends, especially when you have some great online resources to take some of the stress out of the party planning process!


1 comment:

Alaina @ Live Creating Yourself said...

So I loooove the gold sparkly "champagne" dress. Where's it from? p.s. best party theme ever

Blog Widget by LinkWithin