Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Inspiration & Translation: Betseyville

Another person who loves bright, crazy colors as much as I do is Betsey Johnson. Her house in Mexico was the inspiration behind the renovation of the garage apartment at my Moms house in Houston




While this design was a less literal interpretation, Betsey definitely pushed us to re-imagine the way we use bright colors in a space. 


{Living Room}


{View of the Kitchen from the Living Room}


{Guest Bedroom}


{The Master Bedroom}
Often times in decorating I find that as much as you plan out a space, the things you find when searching for the "perfect" fabric can often steer you in a different, and altogether more fabulous, direction. 


In the case of my apartment in Houston, this gorgeous Clarence House fabric totally made the room happen.


And as always, this amazing renovation (I only wish I had the before photos, they are truly unbelievable) was a "collaboration" between myself and Lori Trahan Doran...And by collaboration I mean she completely rocked it and I learned along the way.

1 comment:

Laura said...

ahhh!! your bathroom is finished! AND it looks just fantabulous!! LOVIN the chair, just LOVIN it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin