Thursday, September 10, 2009

September 11, 2009

I know this isn't really what this site is about, but I wanted to take a moment today to reflect on the eight year anniversary of the September 11th attacks. In the years since that day so much has become politicized that I think we often forget what it is really about, and what it meant for all of us at the time. 

I am sure most of you, as I do, remember exactly where you were when you heard and saw the news. This many years later watching the footage and thinking back to that time it still feels surreal. 


I will be back later today with my previously planned Friday posts, but I just wanted to take a moment to reflect, and honor those who lost their lives that day, and since, protecting our freedom.  I hope we can all take today to remember the feelings of pride and solidarity we all felt as Americans. To be thankful for our families, our safety, our blessings, and to pray for the families still grieving their great losses.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin