Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Inspiration & Translation: Clifford's Master Bedroom

I can't believe it is almost October! Things have been sort of stalled with the house lately as we wait for permits to get approved etc. but I still need to get crackin' ordering fabrics and furniture and making decisions on windows and flooring! Time is FLYing!

Luckily I have already picked out most of what we will be using in the Master Bedroom.
I was inspired by this bedroom that I think I tore out of House Beautiful awhile back?
It just looks so cozy, yet still bright! As y'all probably know by now though I love a bit of color so while we are doing a pretty close interpretation of the room, we decided to bring in a few more accents.


Forgive me because some of the colors end up a bit washed out in my photography...
However, here is a close up of the fabrics and trims we will be using throughout the space. In the top right is a damask from Brunschwig & Fils that we will be using on the walls. Lori Doran found the trim, which matches perfectly and gives us an opportunity to pull more color into the space.


Here you can see the wall damask better, as well as the velvet for the headboard to the right. Below that, the solid pink fabric will be used on the underside of the canopy, which will be made out of the striped fabric.


Here is a close up of the accent fabrics we will use in the space, the pink and green polka dots will be in my dressing room, while the pink damask and blue linen will be used for a bench and pillows in the room.


And here they are all together! Ta-Daaa!!!
I will be sure to show you some pictures of the final project, as the full vision does not seem to translate fully here...It actually kind of looks like a babies nursery, but I assure you it actually is very grown up in person if I do say so myself.
Hope you enjoyed the sneak peek!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin